Thank you for joining us for this “Generation One” blog tour! On this page you will find all of the details you need to participate in the tour: writing prompts, sample tweets, beautiful banners and everything you need to make your blog post a success. We’re looking forward to sharing with families all over the world about the importance of creating and sustaining generational wealth, and hope you’ll join us in lighting up online communities with this powerful message. We can’t wait and are honored that you’re joining us for this exciting ride! We look forward to promoting your awesome blog posts on our Facebook (460K fans) and Twitter (26K fans) pages.
Page Info – at a Glance
- Film Details
- How the Blog Tour Works
- Writing Prompts
- How to Submit a Post
- Blog Tour Graphics
- Affiliate links
- Social Media
With the 2007 recession, the housing crisis and soaring unemployment rates leaving Black America’s wallet trapped in the crosshairs of the United States’ financial crisis, the lack of generational wealth in the African American community has never been in sharper focus.
Generation One takes a hard look at the numbers, giving historical context to early wealth creation in the Black community and tapping the expertise of the nation’s top financial experts to weigh in not only on how Blacks fell behind, but surefire strategies families can implement to begin building a strong financial legacy for generations to come.
Release Date: July 14, 2015
David Anderson: Founder Empowerment Radio Network
Dr. Julianne Malveaux: Founder and President Economic Education
Lawrence Watkins: Founder & CEO – Great Black Speakers
Dr. Boyce Watkins: Founder – FinancialJuneteenth.com
Deborah Owens: The Wealth Coach
Patrice Washington: Author – Real Money Answers
How the Blog Tour Works
The blog tour will take place July 7th through July 21st. We have provided the following writing prompts which are directly aligned with the film’s message of wealth creation in the black community.
- PROMPT 1: What steps are you taking to create generational wealth for your family?
- PROMPT 2: How has your upbringing impacted your current outlook on wealth?
- PROMPT 3: How are you creating a legacy for your family?
- PROMPT 4: How has a lack of wealth effected your family and what will you do about it?
- PROMPT 5: What do you know now that you wish you had known earlier about wealth creation?
- PROMPT 6: If you are the first generation in your family to create wealth how does that feel and what are you doing?
The official film launch is on July 14th, but you can still contribute posts through the July 21st. The sooner you link your post, the higher up on the blog tour page your post will be. You do not need any special permission to blog or use any of the graphics on this page (we just ask that you use it for the purpose of the blog tour and/or to talk about Generation One).
Live Film Screenings
Blog Tour Graphics
Use at least one of these banners on your blog & social media to promote your post and the blog tour.
Use any of the images below for your blog post.
If you haven’t already, please feel free to sign up as an affiliate partner so you can receive compensation from anyone who uses your unique link. You must use your special link within your blog post and all of your social media shares in order to receive payment. Click here to sign up as an affiliate.
Check to see if your blog post has the following before hitting “publish”:
*Feel free to edit these to fit your style/audience, but please be sure to keep the links to the Blog Tour and the film in beginning and end of your post.*
This post is part of Generation One Blog Tour which I am excited to be a part of along with many other inspiring bloggers. To learn more and to join us as we tell the world how we are creating generational wealth, CLICK HERE!
2. END OF POST – Remind your readers about the purpose of the film and where they can pre-order/order their copy:
Lamar and Ronnie Tyler are co-founders of BlackAndMarriedWithKids.com. They wrote and directed Generation One to give African American families the tools and strategies they need to begin building wealth for their families TODAY. The Tylers know this film has the power to change lives. You can grab your copy HERE (INSERT AFFILIATE LINK).
3. BANNER OR BLOG BUTTON – choose from the banners available here and make sure at least one is included in your post. You can also add the blog tour button to your sidebar.
4. SCHEDULE A TWEET/FB/PINTEREST UPDATE – tell the world you are part of the tour and share your post with your families, friends and followers.
SAVE THE DATE: #GenerationOne Blog Tour goes live, Tuesday, July 7th at 10am PST/12 pm CST/1pm EST
- Want the secret to wealth creation in the black community? (LINK TO YOUR POST) #GenerationOne
- I wrote about (INSERT YOUR TOPIC) for the #GenerationOne blog tour (LINK TO YOUR POST)
- I am excited to join the #GenerationOne blog tour (LINK TO YOUR POST)
- Building a strong financial legacy for generations to come starts now (LINK TO YOUR POST) #GenerationOne
Our hashtag for all film related tweeting will be: #GenerationOne. Feel free to use that whenever you promote your post. Feel free to tweet Lamar and Ronnie @BlackAndMarried with your posts and comments throughout the blog tour.
You can use any of the pins and banners above to post a link to your blog post on Facebook. Feel free to create your own updates and pins.
Here are some sample Facebook updates:
- I am so excited to join Lamar and Ronnie Tyler for their #GenerationOne Blog Tour with my blog about (INSERT YOUR TOPIC) this week. We are on a mission to empower black families to create and sustain generational wealth! Read all about it here: (LINK TO YOUR POST)
- Many of us are struggling to establish or create generational wealth in our own families due to our own upbringing. That’s why I wrote about (INSERT YOUR TOPIC) as part of Lamar and Ronnie Tyler’s #GenerationOne Blog Tour this week. If you want to discover more about why it’s important to create generational wealth for years to come, check out my post: (LINK TO YOUR POST)
How to Submit a Post:
Follow this link to upload your blog post to our Blog Tour Page once your post is live on your blog.
We will promote the Blog Tour page via social media on both Facebook (460K fans) and Twitter (26K fans), and hope to send new readers to your blog every week to help share the secrets of how to build, create and sustain generational wealth in the black community.
Write to BMWKblogtour@gmail.com and Christine St.Vil our Blog Tour Guide will point you in the right direction.